Many people do not realize the benefits of massage. It is often thought of as a luxury service but in reality we can assist our pets through a healing process with massage and other alternative therapies.
Here is a list of some of the massage benefits:
· Lessen anxiety
· Encourages development of the cardiac muscle
· Decreases blood pressure
· Improves elimination of metabolic waste
· Relaxes the intestinal muscles
· Stimulates liver and kidney function
· Relaxes and stimulates muscle soreness, tension, stiffness and weakness
· Mobilizes soft tissue
· Relieves restlessness and sleep disturbances
· Improves respiration
· Drains stagnant lymph nodes and stimulates movement of lymphatic fluid
· Improves quality of skin and coat
· Improves alignment of skeletal structure without force and supports chiropractic work
· Improves flexibility and decreases compression at joints.
Our pets greatly improve health with healthy eating and massage. Many studies have been made around the effects of touch that it has on emotional wave lengths as well. Despite its many benefits, massage isn't meant as a replacement for regular medical care.
So who is a Candidate for Massage?
I would like to say all our animals; however the greatest effects are going to be seen on those suffering ailments or under stress. You often can see the effects after one session.
Below are just some great candidates for massage
· Anxious Dogs
· New Additions to the household or transitions within family
· Arthritic, dysplastic or DJD sufferers
· Weekend hikers
· Senior citizens